Thursday, January 22, 2009

Letting the mind of writer be free

So recently I've started to allow myself to be more creative, and its been amazing. So why is it that writing scares me most of all? Everyone tells me that I'd be a great writer, but they also tell me I'll be a great director, dietitian and physical therapist (as well as a number of other things).

Life just seems so much more easy when I write, I don't have to worry about having bottled up emotions or feelings. The words just flow onto the page and its unlike anything I could ever put words to. But I can't get around this little voice that tells me "writing is not practical."

So I bottle up my thoughts and life becomes more practical. But also more complicated. Along with these vivid thoughts I get comes a very strange side effect. . . vivid emotion. When I write I feel, and when I bottle up that creativity, the emotions get so much stronger when I let them out again. It's almost like a coke bottle that's been shook a few times. The carbonation in the bottle gets things real tense and there's a lot of pressure. And then you open the bottle and everything flows freely, but the pressure and tension has to come out too with the soda.

So I guess I'm the bottle of soda right now that's been shaken. And the cap has been taken off very briefly and only a little of the soda has flown out. I know it sounds silly but do you continue to let the soda come out or wait until everything is settled and just go back to the way things were? Cause eventually if you let the bottle of soda sit, it goes back to normal right?

Please excuse my possibly nonsensical ranting in this post, sometimes you just have to get things out there to really see what you have to work with.

1 comment:

  1. Nice reading you.... as i can't say nice meeting you because i have not met you but readed you as we can know and understan someonce feeling by reading them aswell.. Let me tell you one thing, you are an multi tasking personality so keep it up and have a rising future in writing,direction, dietitian, physical therapist and lots more... want to add one more thing, that is You Rock!!!

    ReplyDelete