Monday, February 9, 2009

Taking a leap

And then the day came, when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

- Anais Nin, Danish diarist

So often in life we are faced with situations that bring pain and sorrow. But its how we take these moments in stride that really shows the strength we have. We heal so much faster when we face these emotions head on, deal with them and then discard them. Haha, if only I had figured this out sooner, running from my emotions was such a part of my past but it has no room in my future. I awoke this morning with a smile on my face and a lightness in my step. I think I quite possibly feel more like myself than I have in a long time.

Pain is a necessary part of our lives, it shapes us into who we are and who we are to become. Without pain we would never grow and quite frankly be horribly boring. So I freely open my life to pain because with great pain comes great happiness.

Life really isn't as bad as you make it out to be, everything happens for a reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment